ivy league dual-trained prosthodontist and periodontist
"It is amazing how we have been able to change so many peoples lives through their smile."
Areas of Expertise:
Cosmetic and General Dentistry: Porcelain Veneers, Cosmetic Contouring, All-Ceramic Crowns and Bridge, Dental Bonding, Fixed Dentures, Teeth Whitening, Laser Therapy for Periodontal Disease, and Micro-abrasion.
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, BDS
- University of Pennsylvania School DMD
Dr. Garber was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and served in the Rand Light Infantry before becoming a dentist. Dr. Garber graduated with post-doctoral training in both Periodontics and Fixed Prosthodontics, a very rare and prestigious accomplishment, to provide patients with a one stop diagnosis and treatment facility.
Prior to coming to Goldstein, Garber and Salama, Dr. Garber worked at a private practice in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The Sauk Schulger Memorial Award for Excellence in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Gordon J. Christensen Lecturer Recognition Award
- The Northeastern Periodontal Socieity Isador Hirschfield Award for Clinical Excellence
- Professor of the Year Award, University of Pennsylvania
- The American College of Prosthodontics Distinguished Lecturer
Teaching + Writing:
Dr. Garber is currently a Clinical Professor in the Department of Periodontics at the Georgia Health Sciences University School of Dentistry and also serves as a visiting professor in the department of Prosthodontics at Louisiana State University.
He lectures extensively 40-50 times annually throughout the U.S., Europe, South Ameria and Asia. He has co-authored texts on cosmetic dentistry including Bleaching Teeth, Porcelain Laminate Veneers, Porcelain and Composite Inlays and Onlays, and Complete Dental Bleaching. He was also a co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Esthetic Dentistry. He has authored an excess 60 articles published in dental literature.
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
- Academy of Osseointegrations
- American Academy of Fized Prosthodontics
- American Academy of Periodontics
- American Prosthodontic Society
Dr. Garber says he is most proud of surviving the upbringing of his three teenagers.